Thursday, October 13, 2005

eric's music 101

usually i reserve this form of communication for any activity i deem "blogworthy", a term for anything that i think anyone that reads this blog will find slighty interesting and or amusing. i'm also not a fan of putting anything too personal on here, for reasons relating back to the movie i saw when i was just a lad called "the net" starring sandra bullock. that might of been before she became real famous.... anyway, nothing i've done in awhile has reached "blogworthy"status, and my personal life is way too complicated, sad and....well......personal, to put in this bog. so i though i'd drop some music information on you. most of my life is spent in studio connected to my computer. thank god for itunes. so as i work and think and work and think, a sort of soundtrack starts to develop. i find that depending on what mood i'm in, certain bands will emerge from the masses to be played more often. a band that i've gotten into recently is [interpol]. i found out about this band a little later then i would have wanted, but i'm enjoying their music none the less. a great song of their's is "c'mere". i, myself wasn't blessed with the ability of poetry, let alone the ability to put it to music, so i'm alway impressed when i come across something like this song. here's a small sample of the lyrics that seem to fit perfectly these days:

It's way too late to be this locked inside ourselves
The trouble is that you're in love with someone else
It should be me. Oh, it should be me
Your sacred parts, your getaways
You come along on summer days
Tenderly, tastefully

And so may, we make time
Try to find somebody else
This place is mine

You said today, you know exactly how I feel
I had my doubts little girl
I'm in love with something real
It could be me, that's changing

If you're not familiar with them, check them out. Here's another list of artists that have been making it to the top of my itune's play-list lately:

The Decemberists
My Morning Jacket
The Sea and Cake
The Shins
Spoon
Death Cab for Cutie
Wilco
Van Morrison
The Smiths
Kings of Leon
Sam Prekop

Check them out if you haven't' heard of all of them, there's something for everyone.

No comments: