the christmas spirit has been in full force the past couple of days. i've tried to stay focused at work, but visions of sugar plums keep dancing around in my head, along with all the other seasonal treats filling up the office kitchen.
so in between writing parodies to "the night before christmas" in my head, and testing out the new flickr app, it occurred to me today santa is actually a little bit of a hipster...though he would never admit it. however, after looking at and analyzing a few of his traits, it's surprising his workshop isn't located in williamsburg or portlandia.
that being said, i give you the top 15 reasons santa is the ultimate holiday hipster.
1. he's really into red pants, although i'm sure he opted out of the "skinny" fit.
2. vintage patent leather boots. very rock star.
3. ironic stocking cap.
4. wears the same outfit ALL the time...like he can't afford anything else.
5. runs a vertical integrated company which uses local labor. very american apparel.
6. very into d.i.y. products and making handmade goods found on mrs clause's pinterest page.
7. owns a lot of vintage toys, which he occasionally sells on his etsy page.
8. into alternative forms of transportation. it doesn't get any "greener" than reindeer.
9. lives "off the grid," commune style.
10. always seems to be dingy and covered in soot.
11. works really hard for one day, then takes an extended vacation.
12. has been to SO many cooler places than you.
13. finds cigarettes and cigars too pedestrian, so he smokes a pipe.
14. talks smack on "commercialism", yet he still works at the mall.
and the clincher!
15. a long, bushy, lumber-jack-like, 19th century styled beard.
any other traits proving jolly old st. nick is a hipster?