Thursday, February 23, 2006

a [constant] reminder


















i pass by this clock several times a day, and several times a day it reminds me of something different in my life. passing by tuesday and thursday mornings, it reminds me i should be getting up earlier for my 8:05 class to avoid running into the lecture hall. wearily wondering by, after a long night in studio, it reminds me that i should be getting more sleep then i do. this clock, with it's foundation, on route between the two places i call home, stands there in silence, constantly judging me. praising me when i'm ten minutes early and frowning it's face when i'm fifteen minutes late. to get angry is pointless, it's only doing the job it was designed to do. last night, however, as i passed underneath it's hands, i looked up, and saw it with it's background of blue. checking the time of this fading light, it whispered something new. in it's own silent way, it reminded me that my time here at k-state is growing increasingly shorter. minutes turn into hours, hours into days, days into months, and months turn into years. last night my friend, the clock, simply stated that i need to figure out what i want to do with my life.....................because "he" is ticking away, with no intention of slowing down.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

you should start by not worrying about 8:05 classes.

G-Fresh said...

I was wondering if you were going to repost this. I saw it before you pulled it back off. I often wonder about the clock and have only come to realize that I have no control over it. Life goes on and I hope I can keep up.