this year found me traveling to the great city of austin a fifth time to attend the acl music festival. what can i say, i love the music and i love the town. my gracious austin host knows this, and thoughtfully plans out the weekend so we not only enjoy the festival, but also take in places and restaurants she's discovered the past year. two very different sides of the same city. for that reason i've decided to split this annual post into two different ones; one focusing on the town, the other, the festival. also, as i find myself ever glued to my iphone, i took way to many photos for just one post and needed to divide it up a bit.
some [city] highlights this year:
- having an influx of gluten free, organic, and vegan food items
- drinking kale smoothies
- walking 2nd street, and seeing a very well done pedestrian friendly street scape
- discovering new restaurants, including whip in and walton's fancy & staple
- live music everywhere, including the wine section of whole foods
- spending an evening at the highball, a retro style bowling alley/bar
- sitting in the studio of my favorite morning radio show, the bobby bones show
- chatting up and befriending bartenders, and having them give you the inside scoop on "the bats"
- great coffee every single morning
- spending time and catching up with great friends
- inside jokes